Big week, big update!
- We have released new Loki Daemons for all operating systems in anticipation for activation of the altered emissions curve. The new clients will fork at height 64324, approximately 31st of July UTC. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/commit/dcd5ff7284a5dee724a1d695eddb9cd7c83e6274
- You can read more about why this change is occuring here: https://medium.com/@LokiNetwork/changing-the-loki-emission-curve-d9e3f267fa1c
- Deregisters has passed the 5th iteration and now merged into the development build, which completes the first prototype of being able to become a service node and expire after the registration duration. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/commit/fb66b7e00b0a40a1d3be8f96ab755128188325c6
- Add support for pooling multiple stakers to register a single service node and distributing rewards based on individual contribution to the total staking requirement. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/commit/003f0709b8c1865b11236c6eb4c6480f415d95f7
LLARP / Lokinet
- If you’re lucky and join our Discord, you might also catch Jeff or Ryan the developers of LLARP live streaming as they code: https://www.twitch.tv/uguu25519 , https://www.twitch.tv/neuroscr
- Progress continues on LibllarpUpdate protocol docs on dht and SNApps
- Start implementing SNApps
- Fix various code regressions
- Refactored Libllarp-platform from Libllarp
- Improvements to DHT to make testing the testnet easier
- Multithreaded DNS library started
- Working DNS client implementation
- Working DNS server implementation and testing
- Created hook for future handling of .loki address look ups
- Llarpification and librarification of DNS client/server
- GitHub Pulse Stats for the week: We think excluding merges, 2 authors have pushed 29 commits to master and 49 commits to all branches. On master, 277 files have changed and there have been 11,222 additions and 6,615 deletions.
- Most changes can be found at https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/commits/master
- Current version: v0.0.1 https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/releases/tag/v0.0.1
- We released a lot of content this week, including the economic proposal, which contained both the newly proposed emissions curve and the staking requirement. We also released a full game theoretical breakdown of the considerations we took into account regarding the staking requirement authored by Dr Brendan Markey Towler.
- All papers we publish will now be located here https://loki.network/papers
- We are still collecting feedback on the staking requirement
- New work is beginning to focus on the operation and user experience of Lokinet, right now specifically focusing on Domain name schemes and human readable usernames.