Another weekly dev update to keep everyone up to speed:
Loki Base Layer
- Pull request submitted for Time Locked transactions to now be locked per output instead of the whole of the transaction: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/104). Testing still needs to be done.
- Enable storage of the Service Node list in the database, this will reduce time spent scanning the blockchain on startup. Testing still required.
- Pull request has been submitted and is in review for quorum cop polling the state of the network. It currently integrates with de-registration to autonomously monitor and vote off nodes on the network. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/105
- Continue writing tests for preventing regressions on service nodes.
- Began writing startup guides describing the process of setting up a Service Node. The guide should be detailed enough for the process to be clear for beginners.
- Set-up multiple VPS/Dedicated servers to come to a better understanding of bandwidth requirements and identify ‘Exit Friendly’ hosting providers.
- Signatures added to Service Node registration. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/102
- Multi-party registration TX with automatic payout share calculation for contributors- work in progress.
LLARP / Lokinet
- Released LokiNET 0.0.2
- This fixes some protocol problems to ensure better cross-platform compatibility.
- We urge all 0.0.1 nodes to upgrade ASAP as they’ll be unable to communicate as the network upgrades.
- New Repository, LokiNET Builder
- This repository contains assets for lokinet with all source code and dependencies.
- Progress continues on Libllarp
- More hidden services/DHT work
- Endian correctness
- Message ordering fixing
- Started Android, Arm and Windows platform work
- Memory management clean up
- Started on dynamic default configuration
- Multithreaded DNS library (PR6)
- Continued llarpification of code
- Refactor pass to make it cleaner
- Got multithreaded version passing benchmark
- Allow configuration of upstream DNS server and port
- GitHub Pulse Stats for the last week: Excluding merges, 3 authors have pushed 92 commits to master and 92 commits to all branches. On master, 145 files have changed and there have been 7,565 additions and 2,564 deletions.
- Most changes can be found at https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/commits/master.