Some big things on the horizon for Loki, and a new dev update so we keep the community in the loop!
- Updated wallet to support staking transactions where the unlock time does not apply to the change address. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/commit/b81214ec6eca1ea32f46262faed2138048d4631dhttps://github.com/loki-project/loki/commit/6e215675a1ace22ac3f48ca2eb36ce7c242533cd
- Extensive testing of Service Nodes has begun.
- Use of boost::round and other math libraries used for consensus code.
- Pooled registration contributions.
- QCop has been merged into the development branch for sending out deregistrations https://github.com/loki-project/loki/commit/ace26fc0cd66c4d702e9e02e2db72c5400648baf
- Add RPC calls for generating the service node registration command for participants https://github.com/loki-project/loki/commit/5435e3327e5999bfa76a378eb9981d7b5e2258a6
LLARP / Lokinet
If you’re lucky and join our Discord, you might catch Jeff or Ryan, the developers of LLARP, live streaming as they code.
We want to give a special shout out to Despair, an open source contributor who has started porting Lokinet over to Windows (and improve BSD support).
- Progress continues on Libllarp
- Protocol updates, hidden service progress and DHT improvements
- INI writer can now write to an existing INI file and preserve comments
- Reorganise threading, logic and netio now run in the same thread
- Fix epoll/kqueue tick logic, add timeouts for kqueue
- Buffer bit function refactor, also allow aligned buffers to be filled with random data
- Private IP range 172 accuracy improvements
- Multiplatform work:
- Per platform building instructions now in README
- Android: Fixed headers
- MacOS: Make pthread CMakeList more favorable to XCode
- Windows: initial port (requires Windows NT 5.0+)
- Shared Library and FFI fixes
- Don’t put private addresses into RCs, allow nicknames and don’t store non-public RCs in nodedb
- Nodedb now only loads .signed files
- Deterministic logging and builds
- DNS library
- A couple refactor clean up passes
- Newer hook interface to make .loki handling easier
- Better packet parser, support SOA response parsing
- Actually sends NXDOMAIN if not found
- Handle multiple responses to already answered packets more gracefully
- GitHub Pulse Stats for the last week: Excluding merges, 4 authors have pushed 50 commits to master and 47 commits to all branches. On master, 100 files have changed and there have been 5,120 additions and 1,116 deletions.
- Most changes can be found at https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/commits/master
- Current version: v0.0.2
- Compile helper (include assets and dependencies)
Loki Locker will be Loki’s version of MyMonero. A web based wallet you can use to store your Loki. Work has kicked off as a fork of OpenMonero. This should be ready for release quite soon, giving the community another way to store their Loki.
- Work has continued on the visual redesign of Open Monero you can see a teaser of the visual design here. https://i.imgur.com/ScLpzbM.png
- Worked on Integrated QR code scanning, and a new interface for transactions.
We also just got our third pull request merged back into Monero, and we’re aiming for our fourth to be IPV6 support to be PR’ed soon.