Testing, testing, testing! A Weekly Dev Update full of testing for y’all this week.
- Fix consensus issues regarding deregistrations in the transaction pool causing chain splits. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/165
- Prioritise deregistrations when selecting TX’s from the pool. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/176
- Add print_sn_status convenience command to directly display the running service nodes’ current state on the network. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/178
- @Kingsley contributed a fix for the incorrect estimated display of how many days worth of blocks your node is behind. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/174/files
- Make uptime proofs more lenient in accepting proofs and culling dead nodes.
- Fix edge case for uptime proofs sending too early causing nodes to be incorrectly recognised as offline.
- Improve double spend detection for deregister transactions.
- Daemons are now allocated a larger amount of memory to store quorum states.
LLARP / Lokinet
If you’re lucky and join our Discord, you might also catch Jeff or Ryan, the developers of LLARP, live streaming as they code: https://www.twitch.tv/uguu25519 , https://www.twitch.tv/neuroscr
- Progress continues on Libllarp
- Tuntap interfaces work
- Multiplatform work (BSD, win32, gcc5)
- CoDel improvements (requeue unprocessed items)
- Update auto-gen config
- Memory / IP helper utilities
- Manual path rebuild
- Make “Link Relay Commit” packet actually work
- Make sessions hold paths between routers
- Path refactor clean up
- DHT queuing refactor
- Additional unit tests
- LokiBuilder updates
- Submodule syncing
- More public testnet RCs
- Windows tun driver
- Windows installer/uninstaller start
- GitHub Pulse Stats for the last week: Excluding merges, 3 authors have pushed 55 commits to master and 55 commits to all branches. On master, 79 files have changed and there have been 2,101 additions and 764 deletions.
- Most changes can be found at: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/commits/master
- Current version: v0.0.3https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/releases/tag/v0.0.3
- Compile helper (include assets, initial seed routers and dependencies) https://github.com/loki-project/lokinet-builder
- Progress continues on exploration of Proof of Stake paper for Loki.
- Will be re-releasing the economic paper as a archival document now that the proposal has been accepted by the community and it has been solidified in code.