Another weekly Dev Update for you to peruse.
Over the weekend we will draft the final binaries for Service Nodes; this will include a hard fork height of (101250) ~September 20th. Thus we will begin the mandatory upgrade period for all Service Nodes. Be on the lookout for posts in the announcements channel on Discord or Telegram.
If you have enough Loki and are planning to run a Service Node on the mainnet, there is still time to get hands-on and test by using the testnet guide here: https://github.com/loki-project/Meta/blob/master/SNFullGuide.m
- Added a core test to check that deregistrations take precedence over regular transactions in full blocks (https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/205). Additionally this pull request prepares a significant amount of infrastructure for further core testing. Added unit tests checking: (a) that Service Nodes rewards are proportional to their contributions; (b) that portion amounts are valid (https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/214).
- Fix Service Node storage only restoring 1 rollback event causing intermittent failures to switch between alternative chains. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/commit/a0e822992859a0ebd09afd686ab0c869bfbfeff
- Fix off-by-one errors in age checks for validity of deregister votes and transactions. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/commit/7a395865369d3a3309e4ceed3e72234d63a7f660
- Reduce severity of passing around invalid votes to drop P2P connection instead of banning from the client. https://github.com/loki-project/loki/commit/8c0d590f1fb54ba8653ca0d09a27541fe03bf4ea
LLARP / Lokinet
- Progress continues on libllarp
- Replacing IWP with curvecp (https://curvecp.org/) then replaced curvecp with libUTP
- This should fix handshake problems and reduce the burden of developing our own UDP wire protocol
- NEW DEPENDENCY: Start using libUTP (micro torrent protocol)
- NEW LINUX DEPENDENCY: (debian: libcap-dev) for network namespaces
- Some llarp::addr and interface utility improvements
- LokiNetwork addressInfo and RouterContact helpers
- An attempt to implement jemalloc
- Valgrind some corruption out
- Some hidden service address fixes
- Get multiple routers from DHT
- GitHub Pulse Stats for the last week: Excluding merges, 1 author has pushed 0 commits to master and 15 commits to all branches. On master, 223 files have changed and there have been 10,560 additions and 2,402 deletions.
- All changes can be found at: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/tree/curvecp
- Current version: v0.1.0 https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/releases/tag/v0.1.0
- Compile helper (include assets, initial seed routers and dependencies) https://github.com/loki-project/lokinet-builder