Last update before mainnet Service Node launch! It’s getting close now, so make sure you’re ready for when we fork on September 20th at block 101250.
- Final Service Node release is out, it can be downloaded here. All exchanges, as well as most of the major pools, have now updated.
- Continue merging upstream changes from Monero, which includes bug fixes and performance improvements. https://github.com/Doy-lee/loki/tree/LokiMergeUpstream20180821
LLARP / LokiNET
- Released LokiNET 0.2.2: “first mostly working version” https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/releases/tag/v0.2.2
- New low-level wire protocol (libμTP: μTorrent Library), DHT network bootstrap, mde IntroSets expire.
- We urge all lokiNET toy nodes operators to upgrade ASAP, as they’ll be unable to communicate as the network upgrades.
- Progress continues on libllarp
- Remove -march=native
- Updated protocol documentation
- Close session with invalid router contacts
- Persist RC from lookups in nodedb
- Handle updated RCs better, add RC removal from nodedb
- Attempt to fix segfault on quit
- Improved logging output
- Gitlab CI fixes
- IntroSet validation, expiration and republish refactors
- Allow multiple tunnel interfaces
- Tunnel interface fixes and packet info commit, remove queue
- Improve packet discarding communication (so we can expire disconnected paths)
- Connect to 10 random routers on startup
- Improve μTP write pump to improve send rate
- Fix memory leak on sign/encrypt fail
- Update DHT nodes to include ones from disk
- Try to reduce chatter on DHT
- Up minimum routers to 4, default to 5 and make min/max configurable for path building
- Verify path latency to have a minimum standard of 10s before considered dead
- Refactor path state machine
- Profile will track each routers connect timing history to guess best timeout for it
- GitHub Pulse Stats for the last week: Excluding merges, 1 author has pushed 44 commits to master and 44 commits to all branches. On master, 176 files have changed and there have been 11,973 additions and 7,125 deletions.
- Most changes can be found at: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/commits/master
- Compile helper (include assets, initial seed routers and dependencies) https://github.com/loki-project/lokinet-builder
- Merge upstream changes from Monero
- Add build script for deterministic builds on linux https://github.com/loki-project/loki-gui/commit/e2f6f1fa908a8dec8ee5ae41c49cd19427d1eaf0
- Add default remote nodes as an option to improve the user experience of the GUI. https://github.com/loki-project/loki-gui/commit/5409353d6d1e1bad7b0d1c76dcf400a4f0e318c7