Things are moving along at a fast pace as we hire more developers.
- The first natural Service Node deregistration will be processed in the coming days. We have written a guide on some of the considerations users should make, here: https://medium.com/@LokiNetwork/service-node-autostaking-announcement-c66c1c13f781
TLDR: Be very careful if you are using autostake in an open or closed pool.
- Service Node grace period added, this means that Service Nodes can re-register without being deregistered https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/290
- Additional work is being done on swarm testing algorithms. You can see our testing framework here, along with some different algorithms https://github.com/msgmaxim/swarm_testing
LLARP / LokinetIf you’re lucky and join our Discord, you might catch Jeff or Ryan, the developers of LLARP, live streaming as they code.
Again, special thanks to our community contributors, Despair (AKA Pickle Rick) and Cathugger.
- Released LokiNET 0.3.0: “i can’t believe it’s not i2p”
- More robust packet support, better path building, improved DHT handling of RCs, MacOS run support, new config locations, more sane timeouts, .loki hidden service addresses, Reverse DNS support, and better memory management
- We urge all Lokinet toy node operators to upgrade ASAP, as they’ll be unable to communicate as the network upgrades.
- Progress continues on libllarp
- Make tunnel interface fragmentation-aware
- Cleanup UDP handling
- One’s complement math improvements
- Tunnel packet filtering at destination
- Drop too large packets, instead of truncating
- Additional streaming improvements: support DCCP (improving congestion control) and UDP-Lite
- TCP checksum improvements
- Better IPv4 bogon checking on RCs to prevent bogons to end up on public routers descriptions
- Handle expire intro before building next message
- Log endpoint when requesting introsets
- Make sure event loop doesn’t overflow
- On HS lookup failure, try random path
- IP range tools
- Handle case of no backup path better by
- More unit tests
- Win32: separate read/write event ports to avoid overwriting queue events
- Win32: clean up and various define clean up
- Fix memory leak in routing messages
- Change UTP queue size from 128 to 1024
- Set up basic README
- DNS library
- Improve handling of .loki lookups
- Reverse DNS lookups for dynamically handed out IP addresses
- Handle various error conditions better
- Make reverse DNS matching smarter
- GitHub Pulse Stats for the last week: Excluding merges, 4 authors have pushed 36 commits to master and 36 commits to all branches. On master, 46 files have changed and there have been 758 additions and 325 deletions.
- Compile helper (include assets, initial seed routers and dependencies)
- Upstream is finally merged into Dev! This will be the precursor to support for bulletproofs https://github.com/loki-project/loki/commit/cd04e1efa335daf0aca4a51d67d4ded17810fbf4
- Service Nodes now scan from hardfork 9 height https://github.com/loki-project/loki/commit/ff8d3796fc19d43c80272eef944759003598c6cb
- Add proof of work to client side messages https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/13
- Ignore messages with improper encryption https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/10
- Change details of prekey exchange to suit Loki Messenger https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/11
- Implement passing of prekeys https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/12
- Handle incoming friend requests https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/16
- Lock message input once friend request is sent https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/17