Weekly Dev Update #38

Hey Y’all, 

Lots of updates for Loki Messenger this week! We are making steady progress on a number of fronts, and we hope to have something out soon for everyone to play around with! 


Loki Core

The core team has begun streaming more frequently, you can catch Doy-lee streaming here: https://www.twitch.tv/doy_lee/


Lokinet

If you’re lucky and join our Discord, you might also catch Jeff or Ryan, the developers of LLARP, live streaming as they code: https://www.twitch.tv/uguu25519https://www.twitch.tv/neuroscr

  • Master branch changes
  • Staging branch changes (gets posted to master when stable)
    • Fix convotag issue (PR350)
    • Use string_view for string_view (PR348)
    • Improve logging system to debug complex STL primitives (PR349)
    • Windows: Fix Issue 192 crash (PR354)
    • Libabyss fixes Issue 352 (PR359)
    • Fix macos DNS issue 324 (PR362)
    • Output blacklisted SN in base32z (PR356)
    • More libabyss fixes (PR365)
    • Make MacOS compile (PR366)
    • DNS: Don’t send NX if we have a path (PR367)
    • Drop rapidjson for nlohmann::json (PR370)
    • Adjust link session lifetime from 10s to 60s (PR373)
    • Disable installing nlohmann::json header (PR374)
    • Fix failing unit test with LIM (PR375)
    • Update profiles on path build (PR376)
    • Changes can be found at:
      https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/commits/staging

  • PR suggested changes (coming to staging soon)

Loki Messenger

This week we started using Loki Messenger + Lokinet internally in the office. We discovered lots of small UX/UI bugs, but we’re getting closer and closer to something usable by the general public.

Thanks,  

Kee