This week we continue working towards building out Loki Messenger for iOS, improving the stability of Lokinet, and making progress on Service Node checkpointing.
Next week I will post a special version of the Dev Update specifically for Consensus. Hopefully we can show off some of the cool things people are building on Lokinet, and a bit of what we’re up to as well.
- Add Service Node checkpointing storage: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/579
- [DNM] By default bind Service Nodes RPC externally: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/578
- Improve the wording of various Service Node related commands in the CLI wallet: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/587
- Remove overflows: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/582, https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/580
The Loki Launcher is a node JS package that will allow for the independent management of all the components to run a full Service Node. This includes managing Lokinet, lokid and the Loki storage server. When Loki Service Nodes begin to route data and store messages for Lokinet and Loki Messenger, the Loki Launcher will need to be run on every single Service Node.
Right now the Launcher is in a testing phase, so you should only use it on Testnet and Stagenet – though feedback/issues and pull requests would be greatly appreciated!
- Continued Docker updates
- Only called stdin.unref if it exists (macos vs linux?)
- Add check to make sure your binaries aren’t directories
- Lokinet shutdown monitor
- Update submodules to point to newer binaries versions
- startLokinet args bug fix
- Convert storage server to read from lokid instead of lokinet
- Move Lokinet config checks before imaginary config lock down
- Add support for demonet
- Can’t require lokid key for start as it may not exist yet
- Replaced lokid with temporary lokid for demonet
- Re-enable Lokinet logging
- Disable lokid auto-flusher for now
- Log and other various typo bug fixes
- Make storage launch not stomp on overall config
- Fix shadowing warnings: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/562
- Support sub-domains for loki TLD: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/564
- Update Kubernetes work: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/565
- Allow on/off Boolean values in config: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/566
- Rework router Docker image / fix release targets: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/568
- Make functions static, lower EncrypotedFrameBodySize from 1024 to 768, remove preemptive session pump: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/569
- Cmake refactor: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/570
- Refactor service::Endpoint into new struct: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/572
- Convert more raw pointers to shared_ptr, add event hooks, DNS leak reduction and fixes, stability improvements: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/576
- Remove huint128_t to help Raspbian users out: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/578
- Pull Requests
- WIP: update rcutil, start dhtutil: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/577
The Loki Messenger client is in a mostly complete state. Right now the focus is being put on the message server and integration with Lokinet and lokid.
- Add signature support for inter SNODE communications, allowing all requests and posts to be signed: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/95
- Improve naming and pass-by-reference consistency: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/94
- Handle errors better on startup: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/93 Fixes for issues: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/issues/87 and https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/issues/90
- Enforce a message size limit server side: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/92
- Use non-as-json rpc call for Swarms: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/85
Loki Messenger / Swarm Visualisation
We are building some visualisations of how Loki Messenger and Swarm storage works for Consensus.
- All work can be found here: https://github.com/BeaudanBrown/swarm-visualisation
Messenger Mobile (iOS and Android)
- We have begun work on Loki Messenger for iOS. It will be ported from Signal iOS. The repo and all of our work can be found here: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-ios/commits/master, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-ios-pods, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-ios-carthage
Loki Electron Wallet
We are currently looking for Chinese and Korean translators. We will pay a bounty of 200 Loki for each translation. Contact me @keejef on Telegram if you are interested.
- Add German translation: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-electron-gui-wallet/pull/57
- Update French Translation: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-electron-gui-wallet/pull/56
- Update Spanish translation: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-electron-gui-wallet/pull/52