This week we continued work on some key areas in Loki Messenger, including adding chat channel support for Android and iOS, and starting work on support for Loki Messenger across multiple devices. We also released an update to the Loki Storage Server which allows for the measuring of additional statistics, so we can continue to monitor the network and the success of the switch from testnet to mainnet for Loki Messenger.
There’ll be a point release to Loki Core this week with a number of bug fixes that should increase Service Node stability. This is not a mandatory upgrade but is recommended for those running Service Nodes.
- Update Seed Nodes to remove inactive Seed Nodes (please contact the development team if you believe you can run a Seed Node): https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/791
- Service Node data optimisations and code cleanups/simplifications: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/788
- Don’t relay Service Node votes or uptime proofs if node is syncing: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/779
- Preserve pre 4.0.4 quorum states: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/786
- Remove boundary HF12 uptime proof code: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/785
- Make the rollback code for update_checkpoint be a soft fork compatible on the mainnet: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/782
- Handle multi state changes in the pool: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/781
- Remove NOTIFY_NEW_DEREGISTER_VOTE_CODE, inline the use of update_miner_block_template as it’s declared publicly but only used in cryptonote_core. Remove legacy P2P vote conversion methods: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/778
- Fix checkpointing regression: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/792
- Filter vote age before querying a Quorum (prevents vote spam): https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/777
If you’re on our Discord you can catch Jeff, the lead developer of LLARP, live streaming as he codes at https://www.twitch.tv/uguu25519. He typically streams on Tuesday mornings, 9am – 12pm Eastern (US) time.
What’s going on this week with Lokinet:
Testing continues. We’ve identified a couple of issues related to existing sessions closing prematurely: we have a good idea where they are happening and are focusing on solving them.
- Fix for a situation where a client could get flooded off the network: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/751.
- Fix expired rcs sometimes not being regenerated: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/752.
- Detect and drop mismatched convo tags: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/755, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/761.
- Fix a deadlock that could occur when no outbound links exist: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/756.
- Fix to use only the intro, not the intro reply, for session expiry detection: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/757.
- Don’t close the libutp session when the write buffer is full: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/761.
- Fixes to thread safety when debugging metrics collection is in use: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/759.
- Build system fixes for macOS and Windows: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/746, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/748, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/749.
- Build testing with (pre-release) next-gen gcc version: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/746.
- Various windows fixes: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/715.
- Lokinet monitor terminal application to monitor the status of a running Lokinet: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/764.
- More utp timeout fixes: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/763.
- Added automatic code style checks via travis-ci job: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/760.
- Disable metrics calculations (used for debugging) by default: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/754.
- Add a docker compose framework to allow building/deploying via docker: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/750.
Loki Messenger for Desktop
- Use Server ID instead of UUID for message deletion purposes: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/390.
- Add right click option to members in a public chat to easily add new contacts: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/387.
- Start on multi-device syncing support by adding the ability to authorise a second account from the primary account: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/381.
- Report Mnemonic phrase failures instead of silently failing: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/391.
- Add missing Mnemonic phrase languages: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/389.
- Generate 13 word seeds instead of 25 word seeds: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/386.
- Delay disconnected status and stop emitting empty events: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/382.
- Small bug fixes: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/384, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/380, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/379, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/378.
- Demote warnings and add a getlogs endpoint: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/256, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/260.
- Add the number of recent storage and retrieval requests to stats: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/258.
- Warn the Storage Server operator if their version is out of date: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/257.
- Add the number of active connections in each type of get_stats : https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/255.
- Add better diagnostics for the Storage Server: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/254.
Loki Messenger for Mobile (iOS and Android)
This week we released the APK for Loki Messenger for Android which means Loki Messenger is now available on all major platforms! We will be working hard to iron out bugs and improve the user experience of over the coming months.
- Work on Loki Messenger for Android can be found in these repositories: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-android-core/commits/master, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-android/commits/master.
- Work on Loki Messenger for iOS can be found here: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-ios/commits/dev, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-ios-pods/commits/master.