Last week was our final week of holidays, and a majority of the team is back into the office as of this week. However, some members of the dev team did work over the break. Last week, these team members primarily focused on work related to the Loki Messenger rebrand to Session; we also deployed a few patches to the Loki Launcher and did some cleanup work on Lokinet.
If you’re on our Discord you can catch Jeff, the lead developer of LLARP, live streaming as he codes at https://www.twitch.tv/uguu25519. He typically streams on Tuesday mornings, 9am – 12pm Eastern (US) time.
What went on last week with Lokinet:
Most of the team was still on holiday, but a few PRs came in nonetheless, primarily aimed at reducing loads that Lokinet clients were unintentionally putting on the network.
- Limit the number of paths clients can build at once — https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1014
- Merge recent `dev` branch fixes into `master` for a new point release – https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1016
- Update readme to add a missing dependency — https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1018
- Miscellaneous small improvements — faster client exploration, CPU usage reduction, more random path selections — https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1020
Loki Messenger iOS
- Work continues on the iOS Session rebranding — https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-ios/commits/dev
Loki Messenger Android
- Work continues on the Android Session rebranding — https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-android/commits/redesign
Loki Messenger Desktop
- Merge in messages window, conversation list and new compose message windows — https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/712
- Merge in relevant Toast menus and modal redesigns — https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/713
Loki Network Control Panel
- Additional updates to the Lokinet GUI code — https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network-control-panel/pull/2
- Various Loki Launcher improvements and bug fixes including better handling of port failures, downgrade debugging and verification of Lokinet binary permissions