Last week we focused on Session patches for Android and iOS clients, including improved multi-device functionality and error reporting. We also finished and tested the Lokinet design changes for 0.7.0, which means that we can begin doing limited deployment of the new and improved Lokinet across the Service Node network over the next few weeks.
- Add Get Service Node RPC endpoint (Thanks to community developer Darcys22 for this) https://github.com/loki-project/loki-core/pull/1050
- Allow a LNS Mapping to have multiple owners https://github.com/loki-project/loki-core/pull/1048
- Move simple_string_view in common/string_view.h https://github.com/loki-project/loki-core/pull/1049
If you’re on our Discord you can catch Jeff, the lead developer of LLARP, live streaming as he codes at https://www.twitch.tv/uguu25519. He typically streams on Tuesday mornings, 9am – 12pm Eastern (US) time.
What went on last week with Lokinet: We solved the last of the introset publish and handover issues, and are preparing a 0.7.0 release candidate for testing on mainnet. If you’re interested in helping us test this on the mainnet before the next fork, contact Jason on Session (052bcac1d94688955d3ae16e19adc960d545b1b0eb1b3898f1e4e81080ced93d29) or Telegram (@jagerman42). The performance of the development branch is now extremely stable, with hours of continuous pings without a single drop and perfectly reliable voice chat over the testnet, and we’re confident that this release is mainnet-ready.
- DHT publishing fixes: fix redundant publishing behaviour, fix issues related to publish confirmation messages, fix issues related to erroneously over-publishing, plus various related small fixes: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1147
- Initial work on a pybind11-based diagnostic interface that runs and analyzes a local testnet. This tool will, when finished, allow us to write considerably better network-wide integration tests. (Still a work in progress – available in Jeff’s pybind11-introspection branch).
- Add systemd “notify” support with watchdog and status updates: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1131, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1143
- Remove extraneous DHT exploration: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1146
- Fix minor issues related to change to submodules: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1150, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1135
- Remove unneeded code related to RC gossiping: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1148
- Recognized failed conversations immediately: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1145
- Miscellaneous build and ci updates: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1135 https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1136 https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1137 https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/1139
- Ensure pre-key bundle is valid https://github.com/loki-project/session-ios/pull/127
- Fix device unlinking issues https://github.com/loki-project/session-ios/pull/126
- Fix crashes when restoring from seed https://github.com/loki-project/session-ios/pull/125
- Fix input being disabled after prompting for permissions https://github.com/loki-project/session-ios/pull/124
- Sync open groups across devices https://github.com/loki-project/session-ios/pull/123
- Fix issues with multi device sessions being out of sync https://github.com/loki-project/session-ios/pull/122
- Fix device linking UX https://github.com/loki-project/session-android/pull/115
- Added in app version number https://github.com/loki-project/session-android/pull/113
- Remove references to Google play and firebase https://github.com/loki-project/session-android/pull/120
- Remove unused preferences https://github.com/loki-project/session-android/pull/117
- Fix device linking blocking the main thread https://github.com/loki-project/session-android/pull/116
- Fix race conditions that occur on device linking auth https://github.com/loki-project/session-android/pull/114
- Open group syncing https://github.com/loki-project/session-android/pull/112
- Github actions upgrades https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/938
- Revise context menu cacheing https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/935
- Fix message ordering when receiving multi device related messages https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/934
- Fix message loading related exceptions https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/932
- Include friends in search results https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/930
- Member list related fixes https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/929
- Remove underline for contacts title https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/918
- Make closed groups show in conversations panel https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/917
- Enable desktop notifications https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/924
- Fix caching on forgotten modals https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/923
- More Signal to Session changes https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/922
- Remove redundant search icon https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/921
- Fix event propagation for links in messages https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/920
- Removefix pill divider in react https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/919
- Fix issue with multiple duplicate messages https://github.com/loki-project/session-desktop/pull/915
Loki MQ is a communications layer for various components that allows more efficient and reliable communication between service nodes and storage servers and, in the future, between wallets and nodes and other Loki components.
- Considerable improvements and tests related to using Loki MQ for non-service node direct communication over both encrypted and unencrypted channels: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-mq/pull/2
- Integration of LokiMQ into Loki-core’s RPC and quorumnet interfaces (WIP).