The Loki 4.0.0 hardfork is fast approaching! It’s happening in approximately 24 hours, so if you haven’t upgraded your Service Node, Miner or Mining Pool, now is your chance. If you don’t update in time, you will be left on an alternate chain and won’t be able to talk to the majority of the network.
A full guide on how to update can be found here: https://loki.network/2019/07/12/hefty-heimdall-mandatory-upgrade-period/
- Suppress “transaction is locked” messages for Coinbase transactions: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/755
- Store historical list of Service Node states for up to 30 blocks: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/754, https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/748
- Add command line option to store history of swarm assignments: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/753
- Add RPC command ‘get_transfers_csv’ which prints transfers to csv file for auditing purposes: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/749
- Don’t cull checkpoints if they bleed into the finality zone: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/744
- Fix credit calculation for awaiting Service Nodes: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/750
If you’re on our Discord you might catch Jeff, the lead developer of LLARP, live streaming as he codes: https://www.twitch.tv/uguu25519. He typically streams on Tuesday mornings, 9am-12pm Eastern (US) time.
What’s going on this week with Lokinet:
Lokinet is entering a feature freeze for an upcoming release to the public, and is undergoing heavy internal testing to see how the network performs under various types of load. We don’t have a fixed release date yet — it will depend on how testing goes this week, but look for one soon. The last several weeks of development have fixed a myriad of issues, big and small, and we think Lokinet will be ready for public testing soon. Hence, we have internally frozen the codebase* to not add anything new (just important fixes!) between now and the 0.5.0 release.
* There is one exception; see below.
- DHT stale RC propagation fixes and improvements: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/721
- Added a travis-ci Windows build: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/708
- Make hop length and quantity configurable: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/720
- Prevent some unneeded timeouts in the utp layer: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/719
- Spanish documentation translations (contributed by community member https://github.com/rjmalagon — much appreciated!): https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/712, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/712, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/722, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/723, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/724.
- Refactored endpoint state management to a new class: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/706
- Disabled shell hooks by default (for security reasons): https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/699
- Fix configuration bug causing configuration settings not to be applied: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/703
- Merge IPv6 support branch and gut use of “auto” in config: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/686
- Fix bootstrapping: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/707
- Fixed non-x86 compilation (arm, ppc64le): https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/713
- Fixed infinite loop in network interface iteration: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/714
- Reduced unhelpful logging: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/716
- Overhauled matrix build system for travis-ci: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/705
- Refactor endpoint state management to a new class: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/706
New Pull Requests:
- More Spanish docs translation (and a promise for more to come!) from @rjmalagon: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/725
- Experimentation with using a docker-based build for increased travis-ci flexibility: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/726
- Fixes for Lokinet on Windows: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/715
- Refactor router code to allow protocol improvements, most notably propagating path building successes/failures: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/728 (* This PR is the last PR to be merged before we feature freeze lokinet for the 0.5.0 release).
Loki Messenger Desktop
- Work continues for support for large group chats/channels: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/354
- Work in progress: Loki Messenger application support for large group chats: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/353
- Add ability to fetch public group chats: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/351
- Fix disappearing messages bug, and make changes to what happens when a contact is deleted: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/349
- Return profile name for group chats: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/347
- Add Loki schema versioning and add UI options to create a new public chat: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/350
- Start attempt at closing long polling connections when offline event is triggered: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/344
- Update Docker file: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/239
Loki Blocks Onion Explorer
The Loki block explorer has been expanded to show a number of new things including checkpoints and their votes, and decommissioned or inactive nodes.
- Show pending transactions in the mem pool which are contributing to Service Nodes: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-onion-blockchain-explorer/pull/3
Messenger Mobile (iOS and Android)
- Android Messenger work can be found in these repositories: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-android-core/commits/master, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-android/commits/master.
- iOS Messenger work can be found here: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-ios/commits/dev, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-ios-pods/commits/master.