Last week we released the 5.0.0 testnet binaries for lokid, which include enforced checkpointing and a number of P2P and uptime proof fixes. We’re running a Bug Bounty with a prize pool of 4000 $LOKI for finding bugs related to checkpointing, so jump in and get testing!
- Implement basic debugging menu: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/859
- Update RandomX to patch a few bugs found in Monero testnet: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/862
- Don’t reorg back too far when receiving checkpoints by votes, fix soft forking code dropping checkpoints too early: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/861
- Update checkpoint votes UI, tweak vote counting: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/860
- Improve message clarity: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/858, https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/857
- Show one-line SN summary when `status` is called: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/856
- Cherrypick P2P fixes from upstream: https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/855
If you’re on our Discord you can catch Jeff, the lead developer of LLARP, live streaming as he codes at https://www.twitch.tv/uguu25519. He typically streams on Tuesday mornings, 9am – 12pm Eastern (US) time.
What Went on Last Week with Lokinet:
We released a minor update (0.5.2) which fixed a lingering issue in Lokinet that was causing a timeout of a few seconds every 10 minutes. We also held our first weekly dev meeting on a Mumble voice chat server entirely over Lokinet, and it worked perfectly with good latency and no drops at all!
Recently, we’ve been interviewing for a new full-time Lokinet developer position, and I am pleased to report the role has now been filled with a great addition to the team starting this week. Jeff was on vacation last week (which explains the light number of PRs), but is back this week. With Jeff, plus the addition of our new developer, expect to see some interesting Lokinet developments soon.
- Ongoing work on better integrating Lokinet on macOS (no PR yet).
- Ongoing work on packet acknowledgements batching to reduce Lokinet traffic overhead (no PR yet)
- Enable more compiler sanitisers for better code error detection: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/842
- Fix static build under gcc: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/843
- Enable runtime hardening builds for macOS: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/844
Loki Messenger for Desktop
- [multi-device] Start all the receivers only after the secondary registration is finalised: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/537
- [multi-device] Use Loki file server device mappings: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/534
- [multi-device] Fetch device mappings from server: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/533
- [multi-device] Reset pairing view after encountering error: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/532
- [multi-device] Remove private conversations only when adding second device: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/531
- [multi-device] Add high-level function to update device mapping: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/530
- Set active_at to now() for public channels: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/527
Loki Storage Server
- Fix making unnecessary swarm requests to lokid in some exceptional cases: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/283
- HTTP client code improvements and open file descriptor diagnostics: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/282
- Fix not being able to find decommissioned nodes: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/281
- Change ping testing to not require Service Node signatures: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/280
- Use default testnet rpc port when running under –testnet: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/pull/279
Loki Messenger for Mobile (iOS and Android)
Loki Messenger for iOS:
- Stage one multi-device support added: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-ios/pull/55
Loki Messenger for Android:
- Public chat message signing: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-android/pull/30
- Additions to multi-device support: https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-android/pull/29