Last week we released the Trusty Tyr 5.1.1 Binaries. All Service Nodes, mining pools and exchanges will need to update to these new binaries before block height 385824 (est. 7PM AEDT, 2019-10-23). Currently, approximately 78% of Service Nodes have upgraded, so if you are operating a Service Node, make sure you update in the next week so you stay on the correct chain.
In other news, the Loki Messenger team has sidelined multi device work for now since a key team member is on holidays. Instead, the Loki Messenger team are working on File attachments, profile pictures and @mentions, which should be delivered in a new release shortly.
- RPC updates for ed/x25519 keys https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/880
- Simplified get_transfers and fix segfault https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/890
- Ubuntu Xenial build fixes https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/889
- Travis CI/build fixes https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/888 https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/887
- Fix versioning https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/886
- Increase uptime proof credit to a maximum cap of 48 hours (from 24 hours) https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/882
- Enforce new uptime proof versioning https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/881
- Change operator fee prompt during setup https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/879
- Turn staking requirement into integer math variant https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/877
- Dont send an uptime proof until lokid hears from Storage Server https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/874
- Upstream RandomX simplifications https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/873
- Backports from Quourmnet branch https://github.com/loki-project/loki/pull/872
If you’re on our Discord you can catch Jeff, the lead developer of LLARP, live streaming as he codes at https://www.twitch.tv/uguu25519. He typically streams on Tuesday mornings, 9am – 12pm Eastern (US) time.
What Went on Last Week with Lokinet:
We merged a significant batch of performance improvements for Lokinet, which should allow for better performance scaling, particularly on multi-core machines. Work continues on implementing a Lokinet GUI, which will allow desktop users to easily control and view their Lokinet connection stats. This requires the underlying Lokinet daemon to be securely controlled by another process (the GUI), so we will need to do some rearchitecting of the Lokinet internals to allow for that. The plan here is for the interface to be used in both the GUI and also via a `lokinetctl` command-line tool that will allow command-line users (such as Linux greybeards and SNApp admins) to control some portions of Lokinet without having to edit config files.
- Huge PR for performance improvements including: multithreaded cryptography, public key pinning, multi-acknowledgement commands. This PR ended up being much larger than intended. It took a long time to review, so Jeff has promised to try to avoid such big PRs in the future. Note that this PR also introduces a protocol change that will make 0.6.x lokinet connections incompatible with 0.5.x lokinet connections (https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/850)
- Another multithreaded performance improvement (https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/861)
- Work continues on developing a GUI interface for controlling Lokinet from the desktop (no PR yet).
- Reorganized cmake to better split up cmake scripts into multiple appropriate directories, and rename lokinet-rcutil to lokinetctl (https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/856)
- Added ability to retrieve own address via lokinetctl (https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/857)
- Fixes to support building on Ubuntu 16.04 (https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/863)
- Export info on number of known nodes via rpc (https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/862)
- Make Windows installer include required utilities, and other Windows build fixes (https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/864, https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/859)
- Improve code documentation (https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/pull/860)
Loki Messenger for Desktop
- Check against null message body when detecting metions https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/559
- Add ability to join custom public chat servers https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/557
- Prevent chat members public key from overflowing https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/558
- Cherrypick start multi2 commits https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger/pull/556
Loki Storage Server
- Version 1.0.7 Released https://github.com/loki-project/loki-storage-server/releases/tag/v1.0.7
Loki Messenger for Mobile (iOS and Android)
Loki Messenger for iOS:
- Mentions version 1 https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-ios/pull/56
- Add ability to join custom public chat servers https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-ios/pull/57
Loki Messenger for Android:
- Add ability to join custom public chat servers https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-android/pull/35
- Mentions version 1 https://github.com/loki-project/loki-messenger-android/pull/33